Have you been charged with a DWI in Kansas City, MO? We can help - call today!
Traffic stops are a necessary measure to ensure driver safety, but the charges that sometimes come with them can harm your reputation and prevent the success of your future endeavors. If you receive a charge when driving while intoxicated or under the influence of other substances in Kansas City, MO, a DWI attorney can help you.
At the Law Offices of Denise Kirby, we have the necessary experience to defend you and protect your interests when facing a DWI charge. Whether it be an involuntary vehicular manslaughter charge or a failed breathalyzer test, Denise Kirby understands the significance of these accusations and can fight to remedy your legal situation. DWI charges are particularly stressful, but attorneys in Kansas City such as Denise Kirby have the necessary experience representing clients and achieving desirable outcomes.
It’s crucial to contact a DWI attorney in Kansas City, MO, shortly after being arrested for a DWI since you’ll need representation as soon as the arrest occurs. The sooner you receive representation, the sooner your life can return to normal. No matter the seriousness of your DWI charges, you don’t have to incriminate yourself further. You are entitled to fair treatment from the moment the arresting officers read your Miranda rights.
Although driving while intoxicated is a severe offense, not all arrests have a legitimate case. Subsequent DWI offenses in Kansas City, MO, justify harsher punishments, and a DWI offense can range from a Class A to Class E felony depending on the case details. You should hire a DWI attorney in Kansas City if you have experienced the following scenarios:
● Police or victims took wrongful legal action against you
● Police illegally obtained evidence during your arrest
● Police administered a breathalyzer, blood test, or another self-incriminating test to check for BAC levels.
● You’ve been charged with DWI in the past and want protection from the bad reputation another DWI conviction could lead to
● You plan to plead guilty but want reduced penalties for the committed offense
● Your drunk driving accident resulted in significant property damage or death
Kansas City, MO, DWI Attorney Denise Kirby knows precisely how to handle DWI cases in Missouri and Kansas to serve clients in the Kansas City area adequately. If you face DWI charges in addition to personal injury or property damage claims, our law office can protect you during both criminal and administrative hearings, so you don’t have to represent yourself.
Despite being costly up front, retaining the services of a Kansas City, MO, DWI attorney has many benefits compared to hiring a general defense lawyer or relying on a public defender who does not specialize in handling the complexities of drunk driving cases. There are multiple reasons to hire a DWI attorney instead when facing a DWI charge, regardless of seriousness:
● You have a better chance to receive less harsh amounts for jail time and license revocation, as well as fines and other DWI penalties with a DWI attorney
● You’ll receive customized defense focusing on every detail of your DWI instead of generalized advice
● Public defenders only represent you in criminal hearings, whereas private attorneys can also assist in the DMV proceedings
● You may be able to get out of a standard base penalty, even for first-time offenses, with the proper defense
● Representing yourself in court is not advisable, especially if you lack the necessary knowledge of the litigation process to defend your case
● A DWI attorney reduces the time you must spend in court by appearing for you
● Hiring a DWI attorney can help with avoiding and preventing police misconduct during your case
The Law Offices of Denise Kirby make contesting your arrest and DWI charges seem simple in an otherwise complicated process that may last for months to a year to become resolved. We take time to understand the details of your case to provide you with services that are impactful in reducing your DWI penalties. Specific to our firm, we help ensure you receive customized services for fighting your case in court.
When you need a reliable Kansas City, MO, DWI attorney, the Law Offices of Denise Kirby are on call during regular business hours. Contact us to discuss the details of your DWI case by calling 816-221-3691.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.
All information provided by this site is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. I would have to know the specific facts and evidence in your particular case in order to give you legal advice. You should not draw conclusions about your case based solely on general sources of legal information. Instead, you should seek legal advice specific to your particular case.
The information on this website may not reflect the most current legal developments, and is not guaranteed to be correct or up-to-date. DWI law changes frequently, sometimes several times per year. While I work hard to stay very current with the law, that knowledge may not be reflected in my website (because…time).
The information on this website should not be taken as a promise or indication of future results.
Use of this website and/or transmission of information to and from this firm from this website and/or by email is not intended to create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship is created with the firm absent an express agreement to create such a relationship. If you send me information before we have clearly established an attorney-client relationship, that information would not be subject to the attorney-client privilege and duty of confidentiality. At this time, routine email communications are not encrypted, a fact you should take into account in communicating highly sensitive or confidential matters.
Missouri does not license attorneys based on their legal practice area specializations. Neither the Missouri Supreme Court nor The Missouri Bar reviews or approves certifying organizations or specialist designations. While my practice is devoted exclusively to DWI and criminal defense, and while I have developed substantial knowledge in the area, ethical rules do not permit use of the word "specialist" for criminal defense or DWI attorneys.